I posted one event album and started a new ongoing album in the past week or so.
- My goal for “Dailies” is to post a new (or old) photo everyday. It could just be a grab shot from that day. It could have something to do with a recent event. Or it could be related to an anniversary of a past event.
- I went to the Jacksonville Holiday Boat Parade & Fireworks this past Saturday night. I took the tripod, a folding chair, and a meatball sub from Firehouse. I’m pleased with the pictures. The panoramas were a surprise discovery while editing the images the next day. I may print the red one at 12 inches tall to see how it turns out.
Yesterday I found a possible solution for transferring my old online gallery to Flickr as mentioned previously. I haven’t had a chance to take a close look at it yet though. I am also weighing a couple of different options for displaying Flickr sets within the context of this site. The first thing I tried didn’t work quite right, but I didn’t thoroughly troubleshoot it.
I’ve been busy in recent weeks posting some new photosets on my Flickr account. I haven’t started moving the gallery photos there yet though. The new albums on flickr are:
- Strays ride the Feagles – Yes, we did this ride six weeks ago, but this day we rode it in the opposite direction. A resident on the route who must be accustomed to bike tours going by even told us we were going the wrong way.
- Night ride on the G-H Trail – We had permission for a night ride on the Gainesville-Hawthorne Rail Trail under the nearly full moon. The mosquitoes were a lot more numerous than I thought they would be given the temperature.
- Las Vegas – SPJ Convention – I went to Las Vegas in October to work for the Society of Professional Journalists producing webcasts of selected sessions from the convention. I didn’t have a whole lot of time to run around taking pictures and the weather didn’t cooperate during the latter part of the trip, but I came home with some good shots.
As I noted on the description of the first gallery, a personal FAQ of the past year has been “Have you been to the Butterfly Rainforest yet?” I could have gone anytime, but there was one person I wanted to go with the first time and that confluence of schedules didn’t happen until July 16, 2005. So check out my photos from my trip with Dana to the Butterfly Rainforest.
The very next weekend, Mom came to visit and the day after we went tubing, I took her on a visit to the Rainforest and took another bunch of pictures.
And for those who don’t know, the Butterfly Rainforest is a wonderful attraction at the McGuire Center for Lepidoptera Research at the Florida Museum of Natural History at the University of Florida.
I’m a little behind on posting here, but I thought it worth mentioning that I’ve posted a couple of photo galleries from July tubing adventures at Ichetucknee Springs State Park.
On July 23, Andy and Joy brought Mom and the boys and we floated from Dampier’s Landing down to the South end take-out point. The photos were taken with a Fujifilm waterproof disposable film camera and processed and scanned to cd at Harmon’s in Gainesville.
On July 30, Dana and I got an early start and floated from the North end to Dampier’s Landing. These photos were taken with my Canon Powershot G1 digital camera using my new Aquapac waterproof case. Be sure not to miss the manatees.